Tuesday, March 31, 2009

THE FORREST GUMP

This one is for all the Forrest Gump fans....one of my all time favourites....A futile effort to capture the essence of the movie....but alas...the falliable me! So pardon my follies and read on....

No i didn't cry that day because i was a man,
My mind was completely blank and so i simply ran.
Why was i running i couldn't really understand,
But i just kept on running through the forests and the barren land.
All my life i kept running after the happiness i never really got,
That day all causes vanished for which i had always fought.
So i decided that i would run for no particular reason at all,
Maybe i just wanted to avoid thinking about my greatest fall.
People started following me,i really didn't know why,
Maybe they were just like me and even they didn't want to cry.
So we ran through the lands far and wide,
For me they were the crowd but for them i was a guide.
And one day i was just too tired to keep on going like this,
I missed you like hell and missed our first kiss.
Where would i search for you i never really knew,
But you were the feeling inside my heart out of which i never ever grew.
And then i got a letter from you that day,
I thought that happiness has finally come my way.
You looked the same,so fresh and so pure,
But you were ill and there was no cure.
But you gave me the most precious gift i had ever got,
He was just like you and he was the happiness i had always sought.
I take him to the school and bring him back,
And you are the only happiness around us that we lack.
But no,i won't cry because i am a man,
I will keep on loving you as long as i can.
So when your memories hurt me like an uncurable lump,
I'll just run beacuse i am the Forrest Gump.

4 comments:

AbsoluteMe! said...

wow adu!
i love it :)

GG said...

I haven't seen the movie,will definitely catch up though!

I have something little for you on my blog :).
PS:Please add the "Follow" option so I can stalk you :)!

Unknown said...

its just out of this world....!!
mindblowing....
went emo completely....!! :)

Anonymous said...

B'utifully captured!!